The Latin American Chamber of Commerce (LACC) will host its 2012 Premios Excelencia Awards dinner on Wednesday to honor businesses and other organizations that the audience picks as their favorites in six categories.
“It’s a very exciting night because the members vote,” LACC Board Chairwoman Brandy Farmer said of the fifth annual awards celebration.
The audience will weigh in using electronic devices, and the final tally will instantaneously appear on a large screen.
Registration opens at 6:30 p.m. and the event follows from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Gathering Place at Gardner Village, 1100 W. 7800 South in West Jordan. The catered dinner costs $30 per person.
Award nominees — narrowed by member voting over the past two weeks — are the following:
1) Best restaurant — The Utah Rocoto, Café Chapin, Braza Grill
2) Diverse employer — Now Utah Media, Pete Suazo Business Center, and a tie between Cricket Communications and Real Salt Lake
3) Educational program — Brigham Young University, Salt Lake Community College, University of Utah
4) Latino-supportive nonprofit — United Communities, Utah Hispanic Dance Alliance, Salt Lake Community Action Program
5) Professional service — America-Family, Marco Munoz / Utah Videos, Esperanza Granados / ACLU of Utah
6) Most employee-friendly — Olympus Maintenance of Utah, Karamba, Club One
A special safety award will also be given to the entrepreneur who has demonstrated a clear and workable plan to enhance workplace safety.
To reserve a spot, call LACC at 801-649-5465. More information is available at www.premioexcelencia.org or www.camaralatinoamericana.org.