Slamdance picks its winners
The Slamdance Film Festival gave out its awards on Thursday night, celebrating rebel filmmaking.
Here's a list of the winners:
- Audience Award, feature documentary: “Getting Up,” Caskey Ebeling.
- Audience Award, feature narrative: “Bindlestiffs,” Andrew Edison.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, feature narrative: “Welcome to Pine Hill,” Keith Miller.
- Special Jury Award for Bold Originality: “Heavy Girls,” Axel Ranisch.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, feature documentary: “No Ashes, No Phoenix,” Jens Pfeifer.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, short documentary: “The Professional,” Skylar Neilsen.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, animation: “Venus,” Tor Fruergaard.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, short film: “I Am John Wayne,” Christina Choe.
- Special Jury Prize, experimental short: “Solipsist,” Andrew Huang.
- Honorable mention – Best Ensemble: “I'm Coming Over,” Sam Handel.
- Spirit of Slamdance Sparky Award: “Heavy Girls (Dicke Mädchen), Axel Ranisch, Heiko Pinkowski, Anne Baeker.
- Kodak Vision Award (Best Cinematography): “Faith, Love and Whiskey,” Kristina Nikolova.
- Panasonic AF100 Award for “The Five Flavors of Filmmaking” competition: Josh Gibson, “Kudzu Vine.”
© Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.