TRUMAN - The Salt Lake Tribune http://www.sltrib.com/feeds/topics/TRUMAN News from The Salt Lake Tribune en-us webmaster@sltrib.com (Webmaster) Verdict in Conrad Truman murder case expected Tuesday http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58532707-78/truman-wife-conrad-testified.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58532707-78/truman-wife-conrad-testified.html.csp">Verdict in Conrad Truman murder case expected Tuesday</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By Jessica Miller</span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-10-18T09:28:55.097-06:00">Updated Oct 18, 2014 09:28AM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">Provo • All of the evidence has been presented to the jurors who will decide whether Conrad Mark Truman is guilty of murdering his wife in their Orem home in 2012. But the jury will wait until Tuesday before they hear closing arguments and render its verdict. On Friday, Truman was cross-examined for about a half hour before the defense rested its case — after 11 days of testimony over three weeks, mostly from prosecution witnesses. Fourth District Judge Samuel McVey told the jurors to return Tu...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58532707@www.sltrib.com Sat, 18 Oct 2014 09:28:55 MDT Accused of murdering wife, Conrad Truman testifies in his own defense http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58529064-78/truman-conrad-wife-testified.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58529064-78/truman-conrad-wife-testified.html.csp">Accused of murdering wife, Conrad Truman testifies in his own defense</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By jessica miller</span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-10-16T21:58:19.254-06:00">Updated Oct 16, 2014 09:58PM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">Provo • The first question a defense attorney asked Conrad Truman on Thursday: “Did you shoot your wife?” “No,” Truman replied. Testifying in his own defense Thursday, Conrad Mark Truman insisted that he did not hold a gun to his wife’s head and pull the trigger as prosecutors contend. Truman was outwardly calm and soft-spoken as he told a jury about his life with Heidy Truman. Conrad Truman looked at the jury as he told them about his first date with Heidy Truman — they went to a concert — a...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58529064@www.sltrib.com Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:58:19 MDT Medical examiner: Truman’s wife was victim of homicide http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58484438-78/truman-conrad-leis-police.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58484438-78/truman-conrad-leis-police.html.csp">Medical examiner: Truman’s wife was victim of homicide</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By jessica miller</span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-10-03T22:37:00.952-06:00">Updated Oct 3, 2014 10:37PM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">Provo • When Heidy Truman was shot and killed in her Orem home two years ago, someone held the gun against the side of her head before pulling the trigger, a Utah medical examiner testified on Friday. Edward Leis, deputy chief medical examiner, said the 25-year-old woman died from “a contact gunshot wound,” meaning the muzzle of the gun was pressed to her head when fired. But who pulled the trigger? Prosecutors allege she was shot in the head by her husband, Conrad Mark Truman. But the defense ...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58484438@www.sltrib.com Fri, 03 Oct 2014 22:37:00 MDT Utah trial: Accused wife killer insists ‘I loved her to death’ http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58481115-78/truman-wife-conrad-police.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58481115-78/truman-wife-conrad-police.html.csp">Utah trial: Accused wife killer insists ‘I loved her to death’</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By jessica miller</span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-10-02T22:27:49.885-06:00">Updated Oct 2, 2014 10:27PM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">Provo • Six hours after his wife had been shot and killed in their Orem home, Conrad Mark Truman told interrogating officers that he loved his wife and didn’t kill her. “I swear to God, I’d never hurt her,” Truman said. “I never hit her, ever … I loved her to death.” In a video-recorded statement played for a jury Thursday, Truman told officers that there was an 80 percent chance that Heidy Truman shot herself, and a 20 percent chance that someone shot her through their bathroom window. The rec...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58481115@www.sltrib.com Thu, 02 Oct 2014 22:27:49 MDT Suicide ruled out in trial for Utah man accused of killing wife http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58477119-78/truman-conrad-heidy-wife.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58477119-78/truman-conrad-heidy-wife.html.csp">Suicide ruled out in trial for Utah man accused of killing wife</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By jessica miller</span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-10-02T11:19:39.08-06:00">Updated Oct 2, 2014 11:19AM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">Provo • After Conrad Mark Truman’s wife was fatally shot at their Orem home, Truman told conflicting stories about her death and even threatened the life of a responding police officer. But defense attorney Ron Yengich told a jury on Wednesday during opening statements in Truman’s murder trial that the man’s remarks and odd behavior are not evidence of guilt. “All of these statements that were made, they are fairly stupid, at least,” Yengich said. “But they are under the influence of alcohol.” ...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58477119@www.sltrib.com Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:19:39 MDT Jury selection begins for Utah man accused of murdering wife http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58469895-78/truman-conrad-heidy-orem.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58469895-78/truman-conrad-heidy-orem.html.csp">Jury selection begins for Utah man accused of murdering wife</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By Jessica Miller</span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-10-02T11:19:46.207-06:00">Updated Oct 2, 2014 11:19AM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">Jury selection began Tuesday in the trial for an Orem man accused of fatally shooting his wife in 2012, but opening statements in the four-week trial are not expected until Wednesday. Conrad Mark Truman, 32, is accused of killing Heidy Truman in 2012. His motive, prosecutors have claimed, was to collect nearly a million dollars in life insurance benefits. According to testimony at a preliminary hearing last year, Conrad Truman has offered a number of theories of how his wife died. He told police...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58469895@www.sltrib.com Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:19:46 MDT