GREENE - The Salt Lake Tribune http://www.sltrib.com/feeds/topics/GREENE News from The Salt Lake Tribune en-us webmaster@sltrib.com (Webmaster) Alaska TV reporter quits on air to promote pot http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/58441408-79/alaska-greene-marijuana-pot.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/58441408-79/alaska-greene-marijuana-pot.html.csp">Alaska TV reporter quits on air to promote pot</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By MARK THIESSEN </span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Associated Press</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-09-22T16:31:28.507-06:00">Updated Sep 22, 2014 04:31PM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">Anchorage • A television reporter quit her job on live TV with a big four-letter flourish after revealing she owns a medical marijuana business and intends to press for legalization of recreational pot in Alaska. After reporting on the Alaska Cannabis Club on Sunday night’s broadcast, KTVA’s Charlo Greene identified herself as the business’s owner. “Everything you’ve heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all my energy toward fighting for freedom and for...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="#license-584414082014-09-22T16:31:28.507-06:00" id="#license-2014-09-22T16:31:28.507-06:00"> Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58441408@www.sltrib.com Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:31:28 MDT Gun instructor: Injured Utah teacher messed up http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/58406775-90/gun-carry-teacher-concealed.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/58406775-90/gun-carry-teacher-concealed.html.csp">Gun instructor: Injured Utah teacher messed up</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By matt canham</span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-09-15T09:05:11.387-06:00">Updated Sep 15, 2014 09:05AM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">A prominent Utah gun rights advocate said the elementary school teacher injured when her gun went off in a bathroom Thursday bears the blame for the accident. “It was a negligent discharge,” said Clark Aposhian, a concealed carry permit instructor. “We are no apologist for improper weapon handling and we never will be.” Aposhian said it’s highly unlikely the gun would have gone off if dropped, which means sixth-grade teacher Michelle Ferguson-Montgomery probably inadvertently pulled the trigger...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58406775@www.sltrib.com Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:05:11 MDT