CLEARFIELD - The Salt Lake Tribune http://www.sltrib.com/feeds/topics/CLEARFIELD News from The Salt Lake Tribune en-us webmaster@sltrib.com (Webmaster) Clinton man dies in freak drill-bit accident http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58195598-78/drill-fell-police-wednesday.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58195598-78/drill-fell-police-wednesday.html.csp">Clinton man dies in freak drill-bit accident</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By Michael McFall</span></span> <span class="source-org vcard"><span class="org fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-07-18T22:47:29.473-06:00">Updated Jul 18, 2014 10:47PM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">A Clinton man died after he fell and a drill pierced his heart on Wednesday. Scott Nathan Johnson, who was in his early 20s, was drilling floors onto trailers Wednesday afternoon at his work, Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co., near 1100 S. 1000 West in Clearfield, when the accident occurred, police said Thursday. “For some reason he tripped or fell ... just a four-foot fall, and when he fell, a drill bit he was holding entered into his chest,” said Clearfield Assistant Police Chief Mike Stenqui...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58195598@www.sltrib.com Fri, 18 Jul 2014 22:47:29 MDT Unattended candle sparks fire in Clearfield duplex http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58120263-78/fire-candle-duplex-clearfield.html.csp <div class="hnews hentry item"> <h4><a class="url entry-title" href="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58120263-78/fire-candle-duplex-clearfield.html.csp">Unattended candle sparks fire in Clearfield duplex</a></h4> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">By HARRY STEVENS</span></span> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn"> The Salt Lake Tribune</span></span> <h5><span class="updated" title="2014-06-27T09:16:34.313-06:00">Updated Jun 27, 2014 09:16AM MDT</span></h5> <div class ="entry-content">An unattended candle ignited a fire in a Clearfield duplex Thursday morning that left four adults and a toddler temporarily displaced from their homes. The candle was left burning by the occupant of one of the units in a duplex at 164 N. 300 East, said Deputy Fire Chief John Taylor of the North Davis Fire District. Emergency dispatch received a call at 11:30 a.m. when the occupants of the other side of the duplex, who were home when the fire broke up, smelled smoke. A man and a woman, their daug...</div> <h5><a rel="item-license" href="http://www.sltrib.com/pages/privacy"> Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</a></h5> </div> 58120263@www.sltrib.com Fri, 27 Jun 2014 09:16:34 MDT