Quantcast

Fire hits Beaver home

Published December 19, 2008 10:35 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2008, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A Thursday morning fire caused extensive damage to a Beaver house as firefighters battled cold temperatures as well as flames.

Assistant Beaver Fire Chief Jack Erwig said it's believed the fire started in a stove that burns wood pellets and spread through the one-story home's attic space.

No one was home when the fire started, which caused an estimated $200,000 damage.

He said the roof caved in over the living room and there was extensive water damage.

Six engines responded to the fire along with 14 firefighters who took two hours to control the flames.

Colder temperatures made it a bit harder on fire crews, but that it also means the fire does not burn as hot, Erwig said.

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus