I've read all the "Expanse" books, and Season 1 was an excellent adaptation. No doubt because the authors are writers on the series.
If you're a sci-fi fan — and even if you're not — you should be watching this show.
=Elsewhere on TV …
• "Hunted" (7 and 8 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): The Hunters set up a fake online dating profile in an attempt to lure two fugitives out of hiding; a pair of video game enthusiasts discover that their online skills may not translate to the real world.
• "Spy In the Wild: A Nature Miniseries" (7 p.m., PBS/Ch. 7): Nature filmmakers and scientist create realistic-looking, animatronic animals and plant camera inside them to capture the behavior of animals on film.
• "Showtime at the Apollo" (7 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): Steve Harvey hosts the classic talent showcase.
• "Arrow" (7 p.m., CW/Ch. 30): Oliver gets help from a surprising source in his quest to take down Kovar.
• NBA (7 p.m., ROOT): Milwaukee Bucks at Utah Jazz
• "Criminal Minds" (8 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): The team investigates when a bizarre hieroglyph is found under a deceased homeless man'.
• "Nova" (8 p.m., PBS/Ch. 7): David Pogue investigates how batteries work and what the future may hold for technical innovation.
• "Star" (8 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): Star, Simone and Alex are invited to perform at a charity event
• "The 100" (8 p.m., CW/Ch. 30): Clarke and her friends struggle with how to proceed after learning the fate of the world. (Season premiere)
• "Code Black" (9 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): The ER is quarantined when a viral outbreak jeopardizes the lives of the doctors and patients.
• "Madiba" (10 p.m., BET): Laurence Fishburne stars as South African president Nelson Mandela in Part 1 of this three-part bio-series.