Utah movie lovers can buy passes for the 2018 Sundance Film Festival on Monday, getting a two-day head start on the rest of the world.
A presale of festival passes and ticket packages for Utah residents happens Monday, from noon to 8 p.m. Mountain time, on Sundance’s website.
Utah residents can buy the following packages and passes:
• Locals SLC Pass, for $500, gives full access to Salt Lake City screenings, with one photo credential.
• Locals 10 Ticket Package, for $300, good for 10 tickets for screenings in all locations, with two credentials.
• Grand Theatre Pass, for $300, gives full access to screenings at the Grand Theater in Salt Lake City, with one photo credential.
• Salt Lake City 10 Ticket Package, for $250, good for 10 tickets for Salt Lake City screenings, with two credentials.
• Utah Student 10 Ticket Package, for $150, good for 10 tickets for Salt Lake City screenings, with one credential. (Only open to students with valid student ID for full-time students currently enrolled in a Utah college or university.)
All other passes and packages go on sale to everyone Wednesday at noon.
People who buy ticket packages will get to choose their tickets Jan. 2 to 5. Individual tickets go on sale to Utah residents Jan. 11-12, and to everyone starting Jan. 16.
The 2018 Sundance Film Festival runs Jan. 18-28 in Park City and at venues in Salt Lake City and the Sundance resort.
Correction: An earlier version of this story included incorrect information about which passes and packages would be sold to Utah residents only.